Some small random unrecognized transaction could be your first clue of identity theft. Banks will tend to be pretty helpful when a report comes quickly.
- Make a list of all your financial services accounts. Not just banks, including paypal and venmo and the like.
- Makesure all those passwords are in that password manager.
- If you haven’t recently, get a copy of your credit report. Consider freezing your credit, as well.
- Log in to every account and check your transaction history.
- If you see something you don’t recognize report it immediately.